Return Form of Employer (Form E) and Employee’s Statement of Remuneration (Form EA) for Year 2018
We wish to highlight the following employers’ responsibilities for your further action.
- Every company, sole-proprietor, partnership, limited liability partnership, trust body or co-operative society (including dormant, ceased operation, yet to commence business operation) is required to furnish Form E and/or Form EA every year.
- Due date to submit Form E: 31 March 2019
- Due date to prepare and render Form EA to employees: 28 February 2019
- The use of e-filing (e-E) is mandatory for employers which are companies; the use of e-filing is encouraged for employers other than companies. Please access via http://ez.hasil.gov.my
- Failure to furnish Form E and/or Form EA on or before deadline is an offence under Paragraph 120(1)(b) of the Income Tax Act 1967, and shall, on conviction, be liable to a fine of not less than RM200 and not more than RM20,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or to both.
We would like to caution that directors’ fee accrued in a year (i.e. year 2017) shall be included in the gross income of the respective directors in the year immediately following the year directors’ fee was accrued (i.e. year 2018), notwithstanding that no payment of directors’ fee was made.
Should you require our assistance or further clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to contact K-Konsult Taxation at 03-2166 2303.